The success and survival of any organization are dependent on its strong governance structure, compliance culture, internal controls, and related systems and processes. An organization is given strategic direction by the board of directors and senior management to achieve its desired objectives — maximizing shareholders' wealth.
To achieve objectives and goals, organizations need resources, including employees. The employees form part of a different hierarchical ladder, such as senior management, middle management, and lower management. These employees are required to follow policies and procedures and be provided with various physical resources to run the company's affairs.
Amongst employees, but also from outside of the company, there can be criminals or fraudsters who utilize the organization's resources for their benefit.
These acts are considered fraud.
In this Certificate Program, you will acquire relevant knowledge about organizational fraud detection as well as fraud investigation. In addition, you will learn to understand fraud, types of frauds, fraud deterrence, detection, fraud investigations process, fraud investigation conclusion, and fraud investigation reporting.
This Certificate Program is designed for professionals working in organizational units that frequently deal with fraudulent activities, including (fraud) risk management, (fraud) investigations, internal controls, operational risk, internal audit, and compliance. This course may also be attended by other professionals who are interested in learning about the core concepts of fraud detection and investigation.
This course is officially awarded under an exclusive partnership with the Swiss School of Business and Management Geneva (SSBM) — A unique opportunity to receive a dual certificate from a business school.
- Acquire relevant knowledge about fraud, types of frauds, different fraudsters, fraud deterrence, detection, cost of frauds, and the fraud investigations process.
- Learn the definition, concepts, and principles related to fraud including.
- Find out what fraud is and understand examples of fraudulent activities such as theft of plant, inventory, or cash, false invoicing, and payroll fraud.
- Get familiar with various key concepts related to fraudsters.
- Understand core concepts related to fraud identification, deterrence, and fraud detection.
- Learn about various key concepts related to the fraud investigation process and different techniques used to investigate the fraud.
- Understand the entire fraud investigation process from planning to reporting.
- Professionals that want to acquire and demonstrate specialized knowledge in fraud detection and investigation.
- Professionals that want to increase their value through a better understanding of how to detect frauds and the requirements to investigate fraudulent activities.
- Professionals that want to build comprehensive knowledge about various aspects of the fraud sphere.
- Career starters and students wanting to get an edge in fraud detection and investigation.
For participating in this Certificate Program, you will need an electronic device with online video-viewing capabilities (e.g., smartphone, tablet, laptop, desktop computer, etc.). You will need no previous knowledge in compliance or anti-financial crime, although this is helpful. A background in business, legal, or finance might also be beneficial but is not required.
This course is presented entirely online. Modules can be completed in your own time and at your own pace. This interactive, supportive teaching model is designed for busy professionals and results in unprecedented certification rates for online courses.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded the "Certificate in Fraud Detection and Investigation" by the Financial Crime Academy and the Swiss School of Business and Management Geneva (SSBM).
Accelerate your professional career by acquiring in-demand skills.
Increase your knowledge and prepare for fraud risk in a professional environment.
Obtain the Certificate to improve your resumé and get access to stellar opportunities.
Get the Program Syllabus
“I followed two online trainings by Financial Crime Academy and they get a five star rating by me. Their instructors speak good English and their manner of presenting is great. The downloads are very clear and useful.”Ruud Hamers — Fraud, OSINT and KYC investigator
“The online training from Financial Crime Academy helped me to better understand risk management and corporate governance in the FinTech industry. The skills I have acquired are invaluable for risk management, and forensic investigations and helped me accelerate my career.”Kunle Taiwo — Digital Forensics Detective and Investigator
“The course was very comprehensive, thorough and detailed, at the same time it was easy to understand. Excellent presentation of the lecturer. Highly recommend!”Anna Latiseva — AML/KYC Officer
“The Financial Crime Academy is a great institution to kickstart your foundational knowledge or improve your already existing knowledge of financial crime. The courses are straight forward and easy to understand. I will definitely get a lot out of this for my career.”Eki Yerin — Compliance/Operations Coordinator
“As somebody trying to break into the Anti-Money Laundering field, I’ve found that the courses offered by Financial Crimes Academy have been great. The courses provide a simple, yet comprehensive overview of the various aspects of AML. Strongly recommended if you are looking to gain an introductory understanding or to strengthen what you already know.”Jeff Z. — Analytical Researcher
“I have taken three courses from FCA. I have chosen FCA because they offered the most comprehensive and detailed program about the financial crimes-related topics available on the market. Thank you for your work! I am looking forward to new courses.”Anastasia Sabova — Senior Financial Analyst