Did you know that species all around the world are becoming extinct 1,000 to 10,000 times of their natural rate? According to leading experts in the field of illegal wildlife trade, we are in the middle of the sixth mass extinction. Habitat loss and fragmentation, deforestation, human-wildlife conflicts, wars, and climate change are among the major factors for this decline in biodiversity. Poaching and illegal wildlife trafficking are also among the major causes that lead to the extinction of various species. For example, between 2010 and 2015, the poaching of Rhinos for their horn increased by almost 8,000% in South Africa.
In this Certificate Program, you will acquire relevant skills and knowledge about this illegal wildlife trade and how to counter it. This course focuses on the convergence of illegal wildlife trade with financial crimes like corruption, money laundering, and terrorist financing.
This Certificate Program will also shed some light on several important red flags related to identifying the illegal wildlife trade. In addition, this course discusses anti-financial crime programs and methods of anti-money laundering (AML) or combating terrorist financing (CTF) to the extent that they are concerned with illegal wildlife trade.
This course is officially awarded under an exclusive partnership with the Swiss School of Business and Management Geneva (SSBM) — A unique opportunity to receive a dual certificate from a business school. Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded the "Certificate in Countering Illegal Wildlife Trade", issued b
- IllegfalUnderstand the illegal wildlife trade and how it differentiates from the legal wildlife trade
- Explain how the illegal wildlife trade works in practice
- Comprehend illegal wildlife trade examples
- Learn from where illegal wildlife products typically originate as well as where and how they are used
- Understand financial crimes, including money laundering, terrorist financing as well as bribery and corruption in the context of illegal wildlife trade.
- Explain how money laundering, terrorist financing as well as bribery and corruption are connected to the illegal wildlife trade (with examples).
- Identify key anti-financial crime compliance concepts to countering illegal wildlife trade in practice.
- Learn about the risk-based approach (RBA), policies/procedures, suspicious activity reports (RBA), etc.
- Identify critical red flags that may serve to identify illegal wildlife trade activities.
- Professionals that want to acquire and demonstrate specialized knowledge in the illegal wildlife trade.
- Professionals that want to increase their value through a better understanding of anti-financial crime, specifically illegal wildlife trade.
- Professionals that want to build a comprehensive anti-financial crime, anti-money laundering, and countering illegal wildlife trade knowledge.
- Career starters and students that want to get an edge in anti-financial crime and compliance.
For participating in this Certificate Program, you will need an electronic device with online video-viewing capabilities (e.g., smartphone, tablet, laptop, desktop computer, etc.). You will need no previous knowledge in compliance or anti-financial crime, although this is helpful. A background in business, legal, or finance might also be beneficial but is not required.
This course is presented entirely online. Modules can be completed in your own time and at your own pace. This interactive, supportive teaching model is designed for busy professionals and results in unprecedented certification rates for online courses.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded the "Certificate in Countering Illegal Wildlife Trade" by the Financial Crime Academy and the Swiss School of Business and Management Geneva (SSBM).
Accelerate your compliance career by acquiring in-demand skills.
Increase your knowledge and prepare for financial crime risks in a professional environment.
Obtain the Certificate to improve your resumé and get access to stellar opportunities.
“I followed two online trainings by Financial Crime Academy and they get a five star rating by me. Their instructors speak good English and their manner of presenting is great. The downloads are very clear and useful.”Ruud Hamers — Fraud, OSINT and KYC investigator
“The online training from Financial Crime Academy helped me to better understand risk management and corporate governance in the FinTech industry. The skills I have acquired are invaluable for risk management, and forensic investigations and helped me accelerate my career.”Kunle Taiwo — Digital Forensics Detective and Investigator
“The course was very comprehensive, thorough and detailed, at the same time it was easy to understand. Excellent presentation of the lecturer. Highly recommend!”Anna Latiseva — AML/KYC Officer
“The Financial Crime Academy is a great institution to kickstart your foundational knowledge or improve your already existing knowledge of financial crime. The courses are straight forward and easy to understand. I will definitely get a lot out of this for my career.”Eki Yerin — Compliance/Operations Coordinator
“As somebody trying to break into the Anti-Money Laundering field, I’ve found that the courses offered by Financial Crimes Academy have been great. The courses provide a simple, yet comprehensive overview of the various aspects of AML. Strongly recommended if you are looking to gain an introductory understanding or to strengthen what you already know.”Jeff Z. — Analytical Researcher
“I have taken three courses from FCA. I have chosen FCA because they offered the most comprehensive and detailed program about the financial crimes-related topics available on the market. Thank you for your work! I am looking forward to new courses.”Anastasia Sabova — Senior Financial Analyst